Sport Injuries and Rehabilitation in Ottawa, ON
At Ottawa Health: Performance and Rehabilitation, we are equipped with the knowledge and equipment to offer elite-level rehabilitation to athletes of any level, from adolescents to amateur and professional athletes.
Sport activities are an excellent opportunity to get some much-needed exercise while also socializing with like-minded people. Whether you engage in sports professionally or as a hobby, the truth is that sports place a significant physical burden on your body. This exertion can result in aches and pains, causing you considerable discomfort and frustration.
We’re committed to being your go-to physical therapy facility for all matters of sport injury treatment in Ottawa, ON.
How We Can Help
- Offer a wide selection of services depending on your abilities and performance needs. We often promote working with a combination of our practitioners to get you to optimal performance.
- Many of our therapists have years of experience participating in sports such as: powerlifting/bodybuilding, mixed martial arts, dance, baseball, running, and more!
- Additional education and certifications to become leaders in the field of sport injuries rehabilitation in Ottawa, ON. Some of the certifications include: Functional Range Conditioning / Release, Athletic Movement Assessment, Functional Movement Screen, Advanced Rocktape, Shift Concussion Management, Rehab-U Movement Optimization and Performance, GLAD and more!
- We have all the necessary and essential equipment to assess, treat, and improve physical performance at any level of experience.
- One-of-kind equipment including:
- Barbells, squat rack, and calibrated bumper and iron plates
- The only health facility in Ottawa to have a belt-squatting platform
- Double cable pulley system with up to 320lbs of weight
- FDA-approved devices to digitally measure range of motion and maximum force production, speed, and other measures.
- We are constantly looking for ways to improve. Soon, we will have the ability to assess other measures of fitness including VO2 max, metabolic efficiency and more!
Common Sports Injuries
Whether amateur or professional, active individuals often encounter physical injuries or pain during their athletic pursuits. Some of the most common injuries we see are:
- Shoulder dislocation
- Rotator cuff tears
- ACL/PCL tears
- Meniscus tear
- Concussions and whiplash
- Tendinitis and/or tendinosis
- Shin splints
- Disc bulges and/or disc herniations
- Muscular strains and ligament sprains
- Other joint dislocations
- Many more!
Contact Ottawa Health: Performance and Rehabilitation today to enjoy safe, non-invasive, and drug-free care to prevent and overcome sports injuries.