Naturopathic Medicine in Ottawa, ON
Naturopathy, or naturopathic medicine, harnesses the healing power of nature to promote self-healing and holistic wellness. Naturopathic medicine combines various safe and non-invasive therapies to help patients overcome pain and illness.
At Ottawa Health: Performance and Rehabilitation, our goal is to treat the individual and not just the illness. Naturopathic medicine supports this goal. We aim to identify the source of a problem by addressing the various unique aspects of an individual.
Components of Naturopathic Medicine
Naturopathic medicine may take on a corrective or acute care approach depending on the needs of the patient. Individuals struggling with significant chronic pain can benefit from naturopathic care on their journey to overcoming long-standing illnesses. If you’re experiencing recent injuries, you also stand to gain greatly from incorporating naturopathic medicine in your treatment plan.
Naturopathy targets various issues that afflict the human body, including gastrointestinal disorders, food allergies, obesity, migraines, fatigue, mood disorders, PMS, chronic heartburn, insomnia, and skin conditions, to name a few.
At Ottawa Health: Performance and Rehabilitation, we combine various naturopathic therapies, including nutrition and stress management counselling, homeopathy, herbs, and Manual Therapy. Our Doctors evaluate you comprehensively to determine what works for you.
Types of Naturopathic Treatments
- Diet changes
- Lifestyle changes
- Stress management
- Herbal supplements
Benefits of Naturopathy
Naturopathic medicine near you has significant benefits. Here are some of the benefits:
- Naturopathy is based on a set of fundamental principles and beliefs that act as treatment guidelines. These principles are prevention, education, harmless treatment, focus on underlying issues, self-healing, and holistic treatment. They are geared toward ensuring that the patient receives quality care at all times.
- Naturopathy encourages your body to heal itself. A healthy body performs all its various functions as required. These include regenerating cells, tissues, and organs on an ongoing basis. This can only be achieved if your body is in optimal health.
- Naturopathic medicine is potentially a cheaper and less cumbersome alternative to conventional treatments. While naturopathy has been shown to supplement traditional medicine effectively, it can also solve particular health problems without needing to be carried on the backs of pills and surgeries.
- There are many different side effects associated with medications. Side effects can vary in severity, and some people would prefer to avoid them completely by using naturopathic medicine instead. The results of naturopathic medicine can be just as powerful as prescription medications and without unwanted side effects.
- Over time using prescription and over-the-counter medications to handle chronic pain can take a toll on your liver, kidneys, and other internal systems. Treating one problem can lead to a different problem caused by the medications, which require another medication, and so on. Naturopathic treatment can help you break the cycle of relying on medications.
Would you like to overcome chronic pain and naturally find relief? Get in touch with Ottawa Health: Performance and Rehabilitation today to schedule your naturopathy treatment session.